Bear Much Fruit / Dar Mucho Fruto
December 31, 2017 Preacher: Luis A. Cardenas
Identifying Fruit – What is biblical fruit?
- Flows from the gospel (Col 1:3-6, 10)
- A change in the way you think about and relate to God (Heb 13:15)
- A change in your conduct (Gal 5:22-23; Eph 5:9)
- Ministry toward others so they know and grow in the gospel (Php 1:22; Rom 1:13; John 4:36)
- Meeting the practical needs of others (Rom 15:28; Php 4:17; Titus 3:14)
Valuing Fruit – Why should we pay attention to fruit?
- Fruit is the true measure of who you are (Luke 6:43-44; Matt 12:33)
- Fruit will be the criteria of our judgment (Luke 3:8-9; Matt 21:43; Matt 13:30; Rom 6:21-22)
- Fruit is the purpose of your life (John 15:8, 16; Rom 7:4)
Producing Fruit – What does it take to produce fruit?
- Receive God’s word and be diligent (Luke 8:15; 2 Pet 1:5, 8)
- Die to yourself (John 12:24-25)
- Be at peace with others (James 3:17-18)
- Abide in Christ (John 15:4-5)